Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Osprey fights for his fish - My World Tuesday





I thought a recent trip to the Roosevelt Wetlands by work was going to be disappointing. I stopped by after work and there wasn't much there. As the sun was going down and I had decided to leave, I heard an osprey making a lot of noise. He was flying across the lake with a small fish in his talons. I then realized that 2 blackbirds were chasing him. It amazes me that these smaller birds are brave enough to go after the osprey to get that little fish. They chased him for about a minute and then gave up. The osprey finally landed on a nearby dead tree and ate his little fish quickly. I noticed later that I managed to get a faint full moon in the top of the 3rd picture.

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site!http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment