Monday, January 31, 2011

An hour in a cemetery before sundown.



Red bellied woodpecker on the side of a utility pole.

There's a flock of wild parrots that live around the cemetery.

They were looking down at my like "lady what are you doing?"


There also seems to be a pair of raccoons that live in the cemetery.


I couldn't tell what he was chewing on. He wouldn't let me get close.


American kestrel on top of large snag.

The sun was about to go down and the kestral was trying to sleep. (Moon in the background)


I finally saw the eagle sticking it's head out of the nest.

I was able to leave work a little early on the Friday before MLK day and decided to head to the cemetery in St. Petersburg where the eagle's nest was. I had a little more than an hour before the sun was going down and I had to head back to Tampa for dinner. I got there and no eagles were present. I thought "maybe he'll be back with a fish soon." No luck the entire hour. I didn't even see anything on the nest until I was leaving and looked back out of the window of the car and saw a head pop up. I stopped and took the last picture. I've since heard the babies should be hatching some time this week so I'm going to have to make another stop soon. My hour wasn't wasted. It's amazing the amount of wildlife in a cemetery. I guess they don't get a lot of traffic through there on a regular basis although while I was there several cars stopped by to check on the eagles.

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site! http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

And check out more bird pictures at:

No comments:

Post a Comment