Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Osprey at Honeymoon Island


Osprey were flying everywhere.

 

"I'm full. Want the leftovers?"


"Don't make fun of my tiny fish."

"When is Valentine's Day again?"

Osprey Trail at Honeymoon Island is full of.... wait for it.....opsrey.  Although, the best part of osprey trial is the end where the eagle's nest is. To get to the eagle's nest you have to walk by a ton of osprey. The trail is buzzing with pre-nesting osprey activity. Osprey were flying over my head non-stop. I only saw 2 nests that had osprey sitting on them. It's a little early but in the next couple of weeks there will be osprey couples all over the place. They get loud when you walk by so the trail is pretty noisy.  I'm going to try and get back there soon to see osprey babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment