Monday, February 21, 2011

Rainy morning in a cemetery


Blue jay sitting on a snag.


Dove sitting on a grave marker.


Eagle sitting on the nest.


A pair of pileated woodpeckers sitting on a tree.


Pileated woodpecker sitting on a utility pole.

Two weekends ago we had nasty weather all weekend.  Saturday morning I woke up to dark gray skies. I checked the weather on line and it looked like I had until sometime around lunch before the rain hit. I decided to head down to the St. Petersburg cemetery to check on the eagle's nest. Only one of the eagles were present sitting on the nest. There were two other people there that had also stopped by. They both had heard there were babies but they were not big enough to see yet. Even though the other eagle did not show up while I was there, I saw several other birds. Three pileated woodpeckers stopped by all at one time. That's the most I have seen together. Two stayed together and the other was close by. After waiting around for over an hour for the other eagle, I decided to leave and head to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary before the rain hit. 

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site! http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

Also, check out more bird pictures at

No comments:

Post a Comment