Monday, May 16, 2011

Kapok Park after work.


Limpkin with a snack.


Follow the leader. Baby mallards following mom.


Red bellied woodpecker. You can barely see the red on it's belly.


It's checking to make sure it's a red bellied woodpecker as well.


Baby blue heron. This was taken in bad light but I thought it was interesting to see how the blue is starting to come out.


Tri-colored heron standing guard.

I stopped by Kapok Park in Clearwater on the way home from work last week. There wasn't anything unusual there. It was a nice walk anyway. It's a challenge to photograph there after work because the sun is going to down on the opposite side of all the best stuff. There's a lot of shade as well. The best time for the light is in the morning but I can't make it there before work so I go after work. I was really disappointed there were no great horned owls there. For the last 2 spring seasons a couple have raised a baby there. No owls this year. I'm going to try and get to the park quite a bit this summer. It beats sitting in traffic.

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site!  My World

No comments:

Post a Comment