Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My first spoony babies!


"Listen Mom, I have to tell you something."


"I can't get comfortable."


"Who's your favorite, Mom?"


"Look at my pink wings!"


"Three's a crowd."


"Don't poop on us Mom."

I stopped by Lowry Park zoo for a quick visit to check on the spoonbill nest. What a nice surprise to find 3 babies on the nest. They were so cute! I spent about an hour taking pictures. If I had my camera pointed at the nest, people would stop and notice the nest above the alligator pond. If I wasn't taking pictures, most walked by without even noticing the nest. People where noticing the big alligators laying below. They were mesmerized by how big the alligators were. The babies were my first spoonbill babies. They were light pink and fuzzy. I hope they don't outgrow that nest too fast. I'm going to try and stop by each weekend to keep track of their progress.

Check out more birds at CLICK THIS PICTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment